Client: Mansell Construction
Contract Value: £15,095
Sustain Landscapes were contracted to carry out the soft landscaping to newly built properties at Dene Lodge in Newcastle. The landscape strategy was to define boundaries between plot gardens with ornamental evergreen hedging, front gardens were to be planted with ornamental shrub areas for a strong, evergreen structure to provide colour and interest throughout the year, rear gardens were to be grass seeded.
In addition a strip of mixed spiny shrubs were proposed along the rear boundary fences of some of the plots to provide added security. The works comprised:
- Production of detailed landscape drawings in line with the landscape strategy
- Topsoil supply and import
- Grading of topsoil and cultivating to shrub and grass areas
- Application of herbicide, fertiliser and compost
- Turfing & grass seeding
- Tree, hedge and shrub planting
- Bark mulching
- 12 months grounds maintenance.