Client: Murton Ribbon School
Contract Value: £8,875
Following the construction of the new school the staff and students were unhappy with the featureless courtyard which was overlooked on four sides by large picture windows. The school contracted Sustain Landscapes to design and construct a sensory courtyard garden.
The design strategy addressed the following issues:
- Varied micro climate varying from sunny dry areas to deeply shaded dry areas
- Access required from four sides
- Large picture windows requiring viewing opportunities
- All construction materials were to be transported through the school premises.
The works comprised:
- Construction of circular path with access points
- Construction of raised planting bed
- Installation of water feature
- Supply and planting of shrubs appropriate to varied microclimate
- Supply of seating