Client: Groundwork North East
Contract Value: £24,534
Fairy dell is a wooded beck on the border of Coulby Newham. Cared for by the Friends of Fairy Dell, the group were successful in a lottery bid to carry out improvements to the park which included footpaths, seating, signage and wildflower planting. Sustain Landscapes were contracted by Groundwork North East to carry out the footstep and path improvement works.
The works involved:
- Excavation and preparation for path and footstep construction
- Installation of 441M of timber edge pathway constructed with 150mm DOT Type 1 overlain with a 60mm hoggin wearing course 3mm to dust.
- Improvements to 69M of existing pathway with reshaping and the addition of hoggin wearing course.
- Construction of timber footsteps.
- Installation of 69M of drainage adjacent to existing pathway.
- Reinstatement of path edges and grass/wildflower seeding.