Client: Newcastle City Council
Contract Value: £77,980
Newcastle City Council led the £800,000 project to refurbish Harbottle Park which falls within its plans to regenerate the east end of the city. All the works to improve the park were suggested by the community following consultation. The park refurbishment included new footpaths, new lighting, entrance features, a new play area and improvements to the football pitches used by Walker Central FC.
Sustain Landscapes were contracted by Newcastle City Council to install the new play area. The works involved:
- Site clearance & protection of existing trees.
- Installation of 200m of vertical log edging.
- Construction of timber steps.
- Installation of 16 pieces of play equipment including: swings, slides, a rope bridge, a roundabout, climbing nets, a seesaw, Kompan balance play equipment and timber stepping posts.
- Installation of rubber safety matting play equipment and play bark.
- Grass turfing and seeding.
- The works were completed to a five week