Client: Laing O’Rourke Northern
Contract Value: £29,885
The construction work at the RVI forms part of a £295 million PFI scheme involved in the transfer of all the city’s acute healthcare services from the Newcastle General Hospital to modern, state-of-the-art facilities at the RVI and Freeman Hospital.
Sustain Landscapes were contracted to carry out soft landscaping works at the RVI.
The works comprised:
- Topsoil supply and import.
- Grading of topsoil and cultivating to tree and shrub areas.
- Application of herbicide, fertiliser and compost.
- Supply and plant of advanced nursery stock trees.
- Supply and plant of shrubs and bulbs.
- Bark mulching to shrub areas.
- 12 months grounds maintenance.