Client: Diocese of Hexham & Newcastle
Consultant: Thornton Firkin
Contract Value: £51,024
Sustain Landscapes carried out a four week project to improve the existing play area at the junior school. The works were carried out during the summer break to avoid disturbance to school activities.
The works comprised:
- Site clearance, careful removal of mesh fencing and storage for re ‐ installation, breaking out of macadam playground.
- Installation of new metal post and mesh fencing.
- Construction of low level timber staging in corner location.
- Construction of a new mono pitched roof canopy adjacent to nursery building.
- Installations of rubber bark surfacing, artificial grass surfacing and natural turf areas.
- Construction of log planters with seating, jumbo bench and toadstool seats.
- Installation of low level time out trail.