Client: Laing O Rourke
Contract Value: £50,014
The gateway project is located on the edge of the university’s science site. The new development comprises a major library extension, new law school and a student services building. The project brings together services which were formally located at different university buildings across the city and when completed will release city centre buildings for other economic uses. Sustain Landscapes were selected by Laing O’ Rourke to carry out the soft landscaping on the project.
The works were carried in out in four phases and comprised:
- Import of topsoil to tree pits and shrub beds
- Shrub bed preparation including compost and fertiliser application and cultivation
- Supply and planting of semi mature root balled trees
- Supply and planting of shrubs and bulbs
- Grass seeding
- Twelve months maintenance of soft landscaping areas.