Client: St Bede’s Catholic School and Sixth Form College.
Contract Value £5498.
Sustain Landscapes Ltd were contracted by the the outsanding school and sixth form college, based in Lanchester, to construct a new long jump facility on the sportsfields to the rear of the school. Designed with bespoke double run up the works involved: –
- topsoil excavation to run up and jump pit
- installation of timber edging boards
- installation of sub base to run up
- installation of red self binding gravel to run up
- installation of drainage and teram layer to jump pit
- installation of non- abrasive and non -binding soft sand
- installtion of take off board with textured white paint finish
- supply and installation of heavy duty mesh cover with weighing down bars
The works were completed at the beginning of June to allow use by the pupils during the summer term and for Sports Day.