Client: Stockton Borough Council
Contract Value: £64,247
Newham Grange Park is situated to the west of Stockton on Tees. With the help of the friends group the park has been much improved over the last five years. Sustain Landscapes were contracted to continue this work in carrying improvements to the footpath and communal seating area situated adjacent to the bowls pavilion.
The five week project involved:
- site clearance – excavation of existing footpath, hedgerow and fencing,
- removal of collapsible bollards for reuse by Stockton Borough Council
- installation of pin kerbs and conservation kerbs to form the new footpath and circular seating area,
- topsoil import,
- laying of macadam surfacing,
- laying of resin gravel surfacing,
- installation of stainless steel serpentine benches,
- installation of litter bins.